Name:
Location: Singapore

A ordinary gal who wants to travel the world. She has dreams. To her, every failure is a lesson and a step closer to her dreams. She knows that fate plays a part in life which she can't go against.

Tagboard

Credits

"The skies above..." Version 1.01 is designed & coded by Princessa at Sabrina.SG.


* Best viewed with FireFox at 1024 x 768.
 

bluenature

This is just a place for expression. There is no harm in words or person. No worries are needed. Every thing which happen in life happens for a reason. And every thing that happens is a lesson for us to learn. Follow your heart as intution will never go wrong.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

23 December

Two days to Christmas!!!! Yah! It will be a break for me from work, and I am looking forward to it. I think during this long weekend I want to catch a few movies - 3D Avatar, Chipmunks 2 and Sherlock Homes. I am not sure whether am I able to catch all 3 movies, but I hope to catch one of it. These few days work is kind of slow because it is a festive season, and it is the year end period. Therefore, I am able to go home early which also means that less overtime. However, I need to prepare myself for the next year because I guess that will be the time when things start picking up. This means that I may need to work overtime, but I really hope that I can end work on time everyday. I also hope that the company will pay me better or even pay me overtime as I feel that I am being taken advantage. I feel that I am working for free every time when I need to work overtime. I also feel that I am terribly underpaid because I am holding a Degree, and with a peanut salary I have such a heavy work load. I feel that they should employ someone with a Diploma instead as the other 2 persons who are in the same position as me are Diploma holders. I'm not asking for much, but at least be fair to me by giving me a comparable salary to my Degree. ><

Through my observation of this company, I find that the turnover of my position is the highest because the 3 of us are all hired this year. Furthermore, the work load is quite heavy. I am not surprise of the high turnover rate because the position that I am in does not have good benefits. There is no pay or off in lieu for overtime, and the expectations are high. Seems like not many have worked pass 2 years in this position. One of the biggest reason is lots of personal time is sacrifice - meaning no time for family, friends and self. This kind of work life does not seems healthy to me in a way. I think something should be done, but I have no power because I am just a small 'prawn' in this company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home